Sunday, October 4, 2009

so, i'm hurting.

so what. i mean, is it really going to matter in the scope of things how i feel? it's trivial. i mean, of course i hate the way it is now. but my pastor today said something that sparked my interest. he said "even if your life completely sucks, you have eternal life. that's saying something." and it's so very true. even when i think i have nothing going for me, i do. i have a love that never fails, i have a hope that cannot be be extinguished. that makes the world that much brighter. so, i'm hurting. so what. wallowing in self-pity gets me nowhere. all progress is suffocated by my need to feel...i don't know. loved. wanted. cared for. but i have all of these things and more in my Savior. in the end, is all this pointless wavering going to matter. no, it's not. the pain inside me now will eventually be eclipsed by the love and grace and peace that emanates all around my Heavenly Father. does this all sound too preachy? but who's even listening? i am saved. i am loved. i have hope. so, i'm hurting.

so what?

No comments:

Post a Comment