Thursday, October 1, 2009

thinking on tennesse//this is a blog.

well, hello there.
been thinking on tennessee. i live in socal, where "everyone who's anyone wants to be." but i find myself wanting to leave. is that normal? i don't know. both my parents came from the south. my mom grew up in texas (in fact i'm going there this christmas, party time!) and my dad grew up in tennessee and i've been to both places to visit extended family throughout most of my life. and texas is aight, but i love tennessee. my grandad lives there and i never go and i kind of want that to change. i've been thinking on tennessee, and how i can see myself going. how i can see myself with an edgy haircut and a tattoo sleeve. the things that will never happen that i wish really would. the stuff i wish i had the guts to do. my good friend alex (actually probably the only person reading this) has this organization called MANA. it stands for "Make Art, Not Apathy." it is something i believe so very strongly in: not giving up on life. we are real. we have heartbeats. we have to live, breathe, eat, drink, create. it's just the way we are. but that's a side tangent. anyway, this organization is getting some recognition on a local level. how amazing would it be to see kids with MANA shirts walking around in nashville, memphis, franklin...etc. and since i'd be road-tripping out there probably, how about in the towns along the way? i get too excited about these kind of things. anyway. been thinking on tennesee.

love, frankie rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment